As an integrated energy resources company that has operations in a variety of sectors, BIPI is concerned with the impact of it’s activities on the surrounding communities. As a manifestation of this concern, BIPI implemented Health, Safety and Environmental programs which include activities for health improvement, environmental quality improvement and construction of social support facilities, particularly around the areas nearest to the Company’s operating units . These activities are a corporate social responsibility commitment to apply the concept of empowerment of local communities.
Activities in 2011 showcasing the concerns of the Corporation are:
• Implement fogging
• Assistance in case of health emergency response (P3K, Maternity.)
• Infrastructure Construction (Roads, Houses of Worship, Schools.)
• Recruitment & Training of Local Workers.
• Basic Technical work on the Collecting Station.
• Co-operation and training of BINA TANI.
• Clean Water Program for the Minyak Benakat Village
- Procurement of HORIBA (Waterco) water filter plant type (zeolite W350/AC & W350).
- Conservation of water resources in the SPU-03 in line with the ECR and PAB Programs.
• Community Food Security Program at Benakat Minyak Village.
- Development of padi fields and trials for experimental salt water resistant variety (in cooperation with the BPLHD Unsri Muara Enim) in the Benakat Minyak
Village so it no NPK, Urea organic fertilizers are needed.
• Community Health Program in the Benakat Minyak Village & Baung River.
- The completion of the Emergency & Disaster Response KSO Pertamina EP - BBP Clinic - in the operating region of KSO Pertamina EP - BBP.
• Environmental Protection Program with the concept of Energy Conservation.
- Planting 200 seedlings in the area of the KSO Pertamina EP - BBP oil field- for the 2009 revegetation programs.
- Implementation of the use of flared gas as fuel for power generators in the Well BKB-244 and BKB-16 locations.
• Education and Community Empowerment Program.
- Plan for the construction of Clean Water Post (PAB) in 2010 for the location of the Benakat Minyak Village and Talang Mandung Village as a first step for KSO
Pertamina EP - BBP to be a Candidate for the 2011 South Sumatra provincial Kalpataru award.
- As the founder of KUD (cooperative) Benakat Mulya at the Benakat Minyak Village, to empower micro-enterprises and farming for villagers in the Benakat Minyak Village.
- Contribution of Mini Libraries and Introduction to Information Technology Assistance Program (Computers and Internet) to Elementary School students at the Benakat Minyak Village, the Sungai Baung Village and the Talang Baung Village.
• 1 Million Trees Planting Program held at the Office Hall and the Benakat Barat Field, KSO Pertamina EP - BBP on August 3, 2011.